Lavin’s Radiography for Veterinary Technicians, 7th Edition
Develop a working knowledge of radiologic science as it applies to producing diagnostic-quality images ― and prepare for the Veterinary Technology National Exam (VTNE) ― with Lavin’s Radiography for Veterinary Technicians, 7th Edition! Written in a way that is easy to follow and understand, all aspects of imaging, including production, positioning, and evaluation of radiographs, are covered in this comprehensive text. All chapters have been thoroughly reviewed, revised, and updated with vivid color equipment photos, positioning drawings, and detailed anatomy drawings. From foundational concepts to the latest in diagnostic imaging, this text is a valuable resource for students, technicians, and veterinarians alike!
- Comprehensive content explores the physics of radiography, the equipment, the origin of film artifacts, and positioning and restraint of small, large, avian, and exotic animals.
- More than 1,000 full-color photos and updated radiographic images visually demonstrate the relationship between anatomy and positioning.
- UNIQUE! Coverage of non-manual restraint techniques, including sandbags, tape, rope, sponges, sedation, and combinations, improve safety and enhance radiation protection.
- Emphasis on digital imaging, including quality factors and post-processing, keeps you up to date on the most recent developments in digital technology.
- UNIQUE! Dental radiography chapter covers equipment types (film, digital, and computed radiography), safety, positioning, and reading the image for the dog and cat to address the needs of both general and specialty veterinary technicians.
- Broad coverage of radiologic science, physics, imaging, and protection provides you with the foundation needed to develop good imaging practices and techniques.
NEW! Coverage of the latest protocols ensures all-inclusive coverage.
Each chapter is unique, yet succinct, so that all important information is available and easy to understand without the need to reference other sources. This is a valuable reference for both technicians and veterinarians when they have finished their training. This seventh edition provides a thorough yet practical level of imaging and positioning coverage to equip individuals with the knowledge they need to pro-duce high-quality images on the first attempt with a focus on radiation safety.
Direct Link For Paid Membership: –