Handbook of Laboratory Animal Management and Welfare 4th Edition
This bestseller has been an essential book for all those working with laboratory animals since it was first published in 1994. This fourth edition retains all the classic features that have made it a must-have reference including emphasis on best practice in order to improve animal welfare. Understanding PCR A Practical Bench-Top Guide
The contents have been thoroughly updated and reorganised to make sure it is a really practical book for day-to-day use in the laboratory. The first section of the book covers principles applicable to all species, for example husbandry, handling and the education and training required by scientists and technical staff working with animals in the laboratory. Later chapters focus on specific species or groups of species.
New to this edition:
• Reflects changes in European legislation and their impact on national legislation
• Covers recommendations for the education and training of those carrying out animal experiments across Europe
• New chapters on ethical considerations and balancing animal welfare with science
• New information on environmental enrichment for laboratory animals
• Covers advancements in anaesthesia and analgesia and techniques
• Spiral bound for ease-of-use as a bench-top reference
This book is ideal for all personnel carrying out scientific procedures using animals, particularly during training and also for the new researcher. It will also be essential reading for study directors designing research programmes, animal technicians and veterinarians working with laboratory animal species.
In summary, this is a useful book which contains a great deal of information on many of the environmental and technical aspects of laboratory animal management. The result is a solid pick for any collection concerned with laboratory and testing conditions.