Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery 4th Edition
Learn to treat a wide variety of small mammals and pocket pets with Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery, 4th Edition. Covering the conditions most often seen in veterinary practice, this highly readable and easy-to-navigate text covers preventative medicine along with disease management, ophthalmology, dentistry, and zoonosis. More than 700 full-color photographs and illustrations highlight radiographic interpretation as well as diagnostic, surgical, and therapeutic techniques.
This fourth edition also features new coverage of degus (large rodent species); new coverage of prairie dogs; and expanded coverage of surgical procedures, physical therapy rehabilitation and alternative medicine for rabbits, neoplasia in rabbits, and zoonotic disease. With expert contributors from around the globe, Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents is the authoritative, single point of reference for small mammal care that is hard to find elsewhere.
- Logical organization lays out sections by different animals and organizes parts within chapters by body system ― making it quick and easy to access important information.
- Drug formulary provides dosage instructions for a wealth of species including ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, hamsters, rats/mice, prairie dogs, hedgehogs, and sugar gliders.
- More than 700 photographs and illustrations highlight key concepts such as radiographic interpretation and the main points of diagnostic, surgical, and therapeutic techniques.
- Chapter on ophthalmology provides an area of study that is difficult to find for ferrets, rabbits, rodents, and other small mammals.
- Chapter outlines offer an at-a-glance overview of the chapter contents at the beginning of the chapter.
- Access to Expert Consult site provides an excellent comprehensive reference and a fully searchable eBook.
- NEW! Coverage of surgical procedures has been further expanded in this edition. Surgical procedures are presented in a separate section and shown step by step through color photographs and radiographs, accompanied by line drawings.
- NEW! Additional information on physical therapy rehabilitation and alternative medicine for rabbits includes chiropractic care and acupuncture.
- NEW! Expanded content on neoplasia in rabbits incorporates lymphoreticular disorders, thymoma, and other neoplastic diseases of rabbits.
- NEW! All new chapter on prairie dogs has been added.
- NEW! All new chapter on degus (large rodent species) has been added.
- UPDATED! Chapter on zoonotic disease has been updated to further cover specific zoonotic diseases in addition to addressing the increased potential for disease transmission from animals to humans.
- NEW! Global author perspective incorporates the expertise of authors practicing outside of North America.
- UPDATED! Photographs show the diseases and disorders that are more commonly seen in practice.
In this fourth edition of Ferrets, Rabbits, and Rodents: Clinical Medicine and Surgery, we have gathered together an experienced, international team of authors to provide our readers with a comprehensive source of the clinically relevant information on topics concerning the medicine and surgery of common small mammals kept as pets. The knowledge base of small mammal medicine has advanced rapidly with each edition of this book, so much so that it is difficult to capture and filter the most relevant and timely information into one source.
Download: Current Therapy in Reptile Medicine and Surgery
As in the previous three editions, our goal remains to present the most relevant information in a succinct format that is easily readable and user friendly. With the hard work and dedication of all four editors, Connie J. Orcutt, Christoph Mans, James W. Carpenter, and myself, as well as the many talented authors who have contributed to this fourth edition of the “Pink Book,” we feel we have accomplished our goal.
This edition continues in the tradition of the previous three editions in presenting separate sections on the medicine and husbandry of ferrets, rabbits, rodents, and other small mammals. In this edition, as in previous editions, we also have included dedicated chapters on sugar gliders and African pygmy hedgehogs, and we have added chapters on degus, prairie dogs, and skunks.
We have consolidated a separate section titled “Surgical Techniques and Dentistry,” which includes specific chapters on soft tissue surgery of ferrets, rabbits, and rodents, as well as chapters on general principles, orthopedics in small mammals, diagnostic and surgical endoscopy, and small mammal dentistry. In the “General Topics” section, we have a new chapter on hematology and biochemistry, which discusses specific information on and interpretation of clinical pathology in small mammals.
Direct Link For Paid Membership: –
I made a donation to get PDF of Ferrets rabbits and rodents but can’t seem to access – what have I done wrong ?
No Any Donation Received Yet! But I can send you eBook via whatsapp/telegram reply my email.