Behavior Problems of the Dog and Cat, 4th Edition
By Gary Landsberg, Lisa Radosta, Lowell Ackerman
Behavior Problems of the Dog and Cat, 4th Edition retains the highly practical approach that has proved so successful in previous editions, offering diagnostic guidelines, preventive advice, treatment guidelines and charts, case examples, client forms and handouts, and product and resource suggestions, along with details on the use of drugs and natural supplements to help optimize the behavior services offered in practice.
Related Book: The Dog Its Behavior, Nutrition, and Health 3rd Edition
- Step-by-step guidelines describe how to collect a patient history, perform a thorough physical examination, conduct diagnostic testing, formulate differential diagnoses, select treatment, and monitor the patients’ responses.
- Background information describes how dog and cat behavior problems arise and how they can be prevented.
- Coverage of behavior modification techniques provides you with a clear understanding of suggested treatment as well as the use of drugs, products, pheromones, surgery, diet, and alternative therapies.
- Content on behavioral genetics explores this rapidly growing and advancing field and includes new therapeutic approaches for cognitive decline.
- Case studies illustrate real-life clinical situations.
- Easy-access treatment tables provide at-a-glance solutions to common behavior problems.
- Useful appendices include treatment protocols as well as the drug information and dosages that make effective prescribing easy.
- NEW! Many hot new topics are covered, including fear, anxiety, and stress and their effects on health and behavior, as well as pain and behavior, the psychobiological approach to veterinary behavior assessment, and pets and the family dynamic.
- NEW! Updated chapter content is extensively augmented or completely rewritten by new authors, making this more than just a new edition – it’s a new book!
- NEW! eBook version is included with print purchase which allows access to all of the text, figures, and references, with the ability to search, customize content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud. Online access also includes handouts and forms, drug dosing, and a comprehensive directory of resources.
- Publisher : Saunders Ltd.; 4th edition (May 2, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 568 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0702082147
- ISBN-13 : 978-0702082146
Direct Link For Paid Membership: –