Anesthesia and Analgesia for Veterinary Technicians 5th Edition
by John Thomas, Phillip Lerche, Published: April 22, 2016, File Type: PDF
Covering essential principles of anesthesia administration and pain management in small and large animals, Anesthesia and Analgesia for Veterinary Technicians, 5th Edition is completely updated with the latest drugs and techniques. This entry-level practical resource prepares you to properly administer anesthesia with the most up-to-date information on pre-anesthetic preparation of the patient, induction procedures, monitoring animals’ vital signs during the anesthetic period, and postoperative care. Dive into interesting discussions of actions and side effects of anesthetic agents; the physiology of respiration, heart rate, and blood pressure; emergency response; anesthetic equipment; and specialized techniques ― and take a more integrated approach to learning techniques for anesthesia administration with the text’s expertly illustrated step-by-step procedures.
- Comprehensive coverage of lab animals and large and small animals makes this an excellent resource for veterinary students and technicians.
- Two large animal anesthesia chapters cover pain management and anesthetic techniques for equine, ruminant, camelid, and swine patients.
- Procedures boxes offer clear step-by-step guidelines, with sequential, high-quality color photos, for performing common procedures during each phase of an anesthetic event.
- Reference tables and boxes facilitate rapid access to information like fluid administration rates, properties of anesthetic drugs, oxygen flow rates, anesthetic protocols, and normal and abnormal monitoring parameters.
- Vet Tech Threads help you grasp key content and include pedagogical aids, such as: introductions, suggested readings, boxed Technician Notes, learning objectives, chapter outlines, key terms, and a glossary.
- Glossary at the end of the text provides you with accurate, concise definitions.
- Evolve site provides you with additional interactive assets that reinforce what you learn in the text.
- NEW! Updated drug information, equipment, and techniques keep you up-to-date on the latest advances in the field.
- NEW! Content on camelid anesthesia prepares you to properly treat llamas and alpacas.
For many years, the text Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia by Diane McKelvey and K. Wayne Hollingshead was highly respected and heavily used by veterinary technician educators. Under new authorship, the fourth edition, entitled Anesthesia and Analgesia for Veterinary Technicians, not only carried a new name that reflected the intended audience, but also included many changes that enhanced accessibility, con-tent, and practical application for instructors, students, and practicing anesthetists. Get This: Veterinary Drugs Guide 3rd Edition
With thoroughly updated content and expanded chapters, this new fifth edition continues to be the trusted guide to the principles and practice of veterinary anesthesia and analgesia in large and small animals.