Pathogenesis of Bacterial Infections in Animals 5th Edition
By John F. Prescott, Janet I. MacInnes, Filip Van Immerseel, John D. Boyce, Andrew N. Rycroft, José A. Vázquez-Boland
Comprehensive review of the major bacterial pathogens of animals, focusing on the current understanding of how they cause disease, Pathogenesis of Bacterial Infections in Animals, Fifth Edition is a specialist reference that provides a comprehensive review of bacterial pathogens in animals and their complex interplay with disease processes, offering a complete understanding of how bacteria cause disease in animals. It covers the many recent advances in the field including the newest taxonomies. In this revised and long anticipated fifth edition, additional introductory chapters have been added to set the material in context, and more figures added to integrate and improve understanding and comprehension throughout the text. A companion website presents the figures from the book in PowerPoint and references.
This detailed reference includes novel approaches to controlling bacterial pathogens in the light of growing concerns about antimicrobial resistance, with more than 70 expert authors sharing their wisdom on the topic. While molecular pathogenesis is a major aspect in almost every chapter, the authors have been careful to place pathogens in their broader context.
Pathogenesis of Bacterial Infections in Animals, Fifth Edition also contains information on:
- Themes in bacterial pathogenesis, covering the basic elements of pathogenesis, concepts of virulence, host-pathogen interactions and communication, and pathogenesis in the post-genomic era
- Evolution of bacterial pathogens, covering what they are and how they emerge, along with sources of genetic diversity, population structure, and genome plasticity
- Understanding of pathogenesis through pathogenomics and bioinformatics, including how mutations generate pathogen diversity, and an overview of genome sequencing technologies
- Subversion of the immune response by bacterial pathogens, covering subversion of both innate responses and adaptive immunity
Pathogenesis of Bacterial Infections in Animals, Fifth Edition is an essential resource for graduate students in veterinary medicine and animal science, and for veterinary microbiologists, pathologists, infectious disease experts, and others interested in bacterial disease. It is the only book to cover this topic to this depth through the wealth of insight of dozens of qualified and practicing professionals.
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 5th edition (September 14, 2022)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 816 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1119754798
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119754794
Direct Link For Paid Membership: –