Large Animal Internal Medicine 6th Edition
by Bradford Smith, David Van Metre, Nicola Pusterla June 2019
Utilize a problem-oriented approach to the diagnosis of diseases of horses, cattle, sheep, and goats. Large Animal Internal Medicine, 6th Edition covers the diagnosis and management of disease in both ruminant and equine internal medicine.
As the first Large Animal Internal Medicine 6th Edition text to use a problem-based approach, it offers discussions of over 150 clinical signs and manifestations, as well as comprehensive coverage of laboratory and diagnostic testing. New to this edition is a versatile online reference platform and coverage of conditions that exist in Europe, Central and South America, Australia, and New Zealand.
In addition, thoroughly revised and updated content includes new vaccines and vaccination protocols; the most current laboratories for DNA, genetic, and PCR testing; and colostrum supplements and replacers. It’s everything you need to stay up to date with the latest information on preventing and treating disease in large animals.
- Discussions of over 150 clinical signs or manifestations of disease provide you with a problem-based approach to diagnosis based on what you’ve observed and what laboratory tests reveal.
- Causes of Presenting Signs boxes offer quick access to the common, less common, and uncommon diseases associated with manifestations or signs of disease.
- Causes of Abnormal Laboratory Values boxes highlight the possible interpretations of abnormalities in clinical chemistry, hematology, blood proteins, and clotting tests.
- More than 200 expert authors contribute information in their areas of expertise for the most current, authoritative information on each topic.
- NEW! Expert Consult platform provides a versatile digital resource including bonus content, useful references, and videos to meet the needs of practicing equine and large animal veterinarians.
- NEW! Global conditions of importance are covered, including those previously not discussed, that exist in Europe, Central and South America, Australia, and New Zealand.
- NEW! Coverage of emerging and re-emerging diseases includes the new pathogen discovery.
- NEW! Assessment of vaccination status and susceptibility to infection discusses how antibody titers can predict protection for some pathogens.
- NEW! Description of epigenetics and metagenomics provides detailed coverage of these emerging areas of interest.
- NEW! Table of zoonoses obtained from large animals includes symptoms and disinfection needs.
- NEW! Videos demonstrate how to perform ultrasound imaging on an equine and cow abdomen clearly showing where to position the probe, and what depth to use for scans of the kidneys, liver, and bowel.
- NEW! Coverage of genetic disorders, Hydrocephalus in Fresians and Pulmonary hypoplasia with Anasarca in Dexter cattle help you to treat these disorders.
- NEW! Extensively updated content clarifies the latest research and clinical findings on the West Nile Virus, therapeutic drug monitoring, muscle disorders, GI microbiota, the genetic basis for Immune-mediated myositis in Quarter Horses, discoveries in antimicrobial drugs, anthelmintic, and vaccines, and more!
|Get Hard Copy||PDF Download|