Acupressure for Horses, Hands-On Techniques to Solve Performance Problems and Ease Pain and Discomfort
Very interesting book but give yourself time to explore. I did use it to help with a colic using a laser on acupressure point and it seemed to help. there is a lot to learn on this subject and this book is a good start. It is also well made and fairly sturdy which should help if you want to use it in the field.
This book has a lot of valid information regarding acupressure, meridians, horse personality types, e t c. I’m only giving it 4 stars however because it is poorly organized. There is no table of contents for reference. Finding the correct acupressure points her particular condition or type of horse requires going back and forth to the index and reading the different pages that contain the keyword. Why there is no table of contents by Meridian, Point, an illness is unbeknownst to me. I’m actually purchasing another acupressure book as I find it will be easier and faster to find what I’m looking for. Clinical Reasoning in Small Animal Practice PDF
One of the key players on Olympian Ingrid Klimke’s team is the veterinarian Dr. Ina Gösmeier, who specializes in such methodologies as acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine (TCM). In Acupressure for Horses, Gösmeier shows horse owners how to use acupressure, the non-needling form of stimulating acupuncture points, to help relieve their animals’ minor aches and pains and stimulate their well-being.
Beginning with explanations of the concepts of TCM and a guide to determining your horse’s dominant element according to TCM principles, Gösmeier provides a step-by-step guide to this noninvasive way of helping horses feel and perform better. Ample clear color photos show the meridians, acupressure points, and techniques.
Now you can help your horse with simple acupressure techniques!
Help your horse with simple acupressure techniques!
- Learn to identify your horse’s individual “body constitution type,” which determines choices of acupressure treatment
- Understand the 12 main channels of energy in your horse’s body
- Gain the ability to choose the correct points to treat specific issues
- Relieve mild sources of pain and discomfort in your horse’s body
- Influence his mental health and stability
- Choose appropriate treatment from a comprehensive list of common problems
- Use step-by-step instructions and photos to help your horse