Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry Seventh Edition
by Denise Ferrier January 2017
Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry is the long-established, first-and-best resource for the essentials of
- Master all the latest biochemistry knowledge, thanks to extensive revisions and updated content throughout, including an expanded chapter on macro-nutrients, a completely new chapter on micro-nutrients, and much more. A bonus chapter on blood clotting with new, additional questions is included online.
- See how biochemistry applies to everyday healthcare through integrative, chapter-based cases as well as “Clinical” boxes throughout.
- Learn and study effortlessly with a concise outline format, abundant full-color artwork, and chapter overviews and summaries.
- Look for icons that signal an animation at the Point or an integrative clinical case in the Appendix.
- Assess and reinforce your learning with more than 200 new review questions available online.
Additionally, Lippincott Biochem provides high-quality concept maps and condensed summaries at the ends of chapters that are extremely valuable for quick references and light review. It also integrates basic physiology and clinical correlations which really put the material into perspective. Personally, I find this helpful as biochemistry is one of the more abstract subjects. However, if you are not a fan of overlap with other subjects, these are often short introduction that take up no more than 1-2 pages and are easy to skip over.
The chapter ends also have quiz questions with answers and explanations on the same page. Some of these are very difficult and helpful for solidifying concepts. However, there are not many of them. I would use another resource for practice.
I highly recommend this textbook for learning biochemistry from scratch. Considering the grand scope of this subject, I would say the book is quite thin. It is masterfully condensed, effectively excluding irrelevantly convoluted material and non-essential experimental concepts that our PhD professors often love to dwell on. If you are studying for boards, consider using it as a reference, focusing mainly on diagrams and integrated summaries. It could also help you touch base with areas you did not learn well or study effectively during your pre-clinical years.
|PDF Size: 192 MB||Book Download Free|