Joint Disease in the Horse 2nd Edition
Dr. McIlwraith’s Joint Disease in the Horse, 2nd Edition is the only book to give you a full account of equine joint disease, combining a thorough, up-to-date survey of scientific advances with a practical guide to both medical and surgical treatments.
With contributions from nationally and internationally recognized pioneers in the field, this groundbreaking text offers an overview of joint structure and function and translates the latest information on basic joint pathobiology into practical application for the clinician.
Step-by-step guidance on injection techniques and medications, along with a survey of practical arthroscopic surgery and developments, make it a truly indispensable reference for all equine veterinarians treating sports and racing horses.
- UNIQUE! Unprecedented, state-of-the-art coverage of the pathology, pathogenesis, and clinical diagnosis of traumatic and degenerative joint disease, so you stay in the know.
- Section on general principles of joint pathobiology provides the background to evaluate and interpret the diagnostic and surgical aspects of disease.
- Explores treatments for traumatic arthritis and osteoarthritis and other joint entities, offering a broad range of options and up-to-date recommendations for problematic decisions.
- Addresses recent advances and results in arthroscopic surgery for the acute injury and results including fragment removal, fragment fixation, and synovectomy.
- Discussion of current research provides insight for difficult cases and calls out the directions in which future arthritis research is headed.
- More than 325 photographs and line drawings help engage and guide you through procedures and treatments. McIlwraith and Turner’s Equine Surgery: Advanced Techniques 2nd Edition
- NEW! Full color throughout with new artwork and a range of new images including radiographs showing both the normal and the disease progression.
- NEW! Practical step-by-step approach demonstrates the authors’ preferred injections methods and shows underlying anatomic correlations.
- NEW and UPDATED! Restructured and substantially revised to emphasize treatment options, making it a practical, concise, and accessible reference and text.
- NEW! All-new chapters on drugs and new biological therapies, including stem cells, IRAP, and PRP and thoroughly updated coverage of HA and corticosteroids.
- NEW! Covers advanced imaging, giving you the latest information available.
- NEW! Expert advice from Dr. McIlwraith, three new co-editors, and new contributors — all distinguished specialists in the field of joint disease in the horse.
- Lameness and surgical clinicians describe how to approach the various, specific disease conditions.
- Equine specific radiologists provide their opinions on the best imaging techniques for defining the disease and making interpretations.
Direct Link For Paid Membership: –