This book was developed as an expanded companion book to the Five-Minute Veterinary Consult, but also serves as a bridge to more comprehensive texts such as Canine and Feline Endocrinology and Reproduction by Feldman and Nelson.
Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Consult Clinical Companion: Small Animal Endocrinology and Reproduction
We would like to thank our contributors for sharing their expertise. We look forward to providing veterinary practitioners with another tool to manage challenging reproductive and endocrine cases. Thank you Dr Davidson for your friendship, unwavering support and hard work – all of which made this book possible.
The Blackwell Five-Minute Veterinary Consult’s Clinical Companion; Small Animal Endocrinology and Reproduction will serve as a wonderful aid to those who may be preparing for rounds, for those concerned that their differential diagnosis is incomplete, or that their chosen strategy in managing a newly diagnosed condition may not be up-to-date, or for those preparing to meet and discuss one of these conditions with an owner, student, colleague, or teacher.
- Provides a complete yet practical clinical manual on endocrine and reproductive problems in small animals
- Draws on the endocrinology and theriogenology sections of Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Consult: Canine and Feline, supplying a greater depth of information in a similar quick-reference format
- Presents expanded information, additional topics, and color images throughout
- Arranged alphabetically for easy searching and reference
- Includes access to a companion website with client handouts in Word, which can be downloaded, edited, and used in practice
Excellent textbooks of endocrinology and reproduction already exist; their comprehensiveness begat lengthiness, and are difficult to peruse in 10 minutes between cases. Our thought was to create a reference text covering all of the topics we thought were relevant to the practice of endocrinology and reproduction, in a format that could be read in 5 minutes (well, maybe 10 minutes), yet permitted the reader to gain excellent knowledge of the topic (or to confirm their knowledge already in place). The list of topics grew alarmingly, but our list of knowledgeable and willing authors made it all seem possible. Voila! Blackwell’s Five-Minute Veterinary Consult Clinical Companion Small Animal Endocrinology and Reproduction!
|PDF Size: 17 MB||Book Download Free|